charbell Roasted butternut squash
This recipe was made by the amazing Eva, @thenourishingmedic. Eva is a medical student who focuses on the nutritional and dietary elements of food. She has this amazing way of making healthy food tasty and exciting as seen by the recipe below!
The sweetness of butternut squash and The Charbell is an undeniable match.
1/2 butternut squash
1/2 bell pepper
50g giant couscous
3 tbsp The CharBell
1/2 salad tomato
5-8pcs sundried tomatoes
15g pine nuts
1 tbsp Chilli Oil
1 tsp Black Pepper
1 tsp Paprika
Salt to taste
1. Cut the butternut squash in 1/2 and de-seed it. (we’ll only be using 1/2 for this recipe so save the other 1/2).
2. Cover in chilli oil, salt, pepper, paprika and cardamom pods. Cover with foil and roast for 1 hour at 160C.
3. Meanwhile, prepare the filling by firstly boiling the giant couscous for 10-12mins. Drain when ready.
4. Add in the rest of the ingredients and stir until well mixed.
5. When the squash is ready, scoop out some of the inside and replace with the filling you’ve prepared.
6. Roast for a further 10 minutes and top with The CharBell sauce.