In another attempt to incorporate veggies into my diet I wanted something flavoursome and easy to make. I actually got the inspiration for this recipe from my neighbour who is an amazing cook so hoping I've done it justice! You can add other vegetables like aubergine or sweet potato but I've opted for two to keep things simple.
Featured Pepper: Long Red Chillis
1 large courgette
1 large carrot
1-2 red chilli peppers (depending on your heat intake!)
1 chopped spring onion
1 tbspn garlic puree or powder
1 tbspn ginger paste or powder
1 vegetable stock cube
1 tspn parsley
1 medium egg
3 tbspn plain flour
1. Grate raw carrots and courgettes into a bowl. As courgettes
2. Next add garlic, ginger, a vegetable cube, chopped spring onion, parsley and chopped fresh chilli.
3. Mix the bowl so that everything is evenly distributed.
4. Add an egg and flour to the bowl and stir again so all the ingredients bind together.
5. Next, add a vegetable oil to a frying pan on medium heat. Using a tablespoon scoop out some of your mix and add it to the pan spreading the mix so its flat.
6. Fry each side of the fritters for 2-3 minutes till golden.
7. Now enjoy either as a tasty snack or side dish! Partners well with any of the My Pepper Pots collection!