Updated: Jul 15
Potatoes are my favourite carb! They're so versatile and when you can get the perfect potato fluffy on the inside, crispy and golden on the outside it's an absolute winner. Hasselback potatoes are the easiest way to jazz up any meal and impress your mates.
8-10 Yukon Gold or King Edwards potatoes
1 tsp Dried Thyme
1 tsp Dried Parsley
1 tsp Dried Rosemary
1 tsp Minced garlic (or Garlic Powder)
1.5 tsp Black Pepper
1/2 cup Olive oil
1 tbs Butter (or Vegan Substitute)
Rock Sea Salt to taste
1. You can use any potatoes for this recipe but I used small King Edwards. Start by washing your spuds removing any dirt or root eyes.
2. Create your slits. You want to slice down into the potato stopping short of slicing through the other side. You can make the slices as thick or thin as you like, my slices are around 4mm in width.
3. Next your butter oil mix. I like to add butter to the oil for extra crispiness but not a necessity. In a bowl mix the herbs, garlic and black pepper in with the olive oil and butter. Note: You’ll need to save some of this mix for a second application of oil so don’t worry if it looks like a lot.
4. Brush and spoon the oil/butter mix over your potatoes making sure there’s good coverage. The other half of the butter will be used to baste midway through cooking.
5. Bake for 30 minutes. You’ll notice the layers have started to separate. At this point take the remaining oil/butter mix and pour/brush into the crevices. At this point I would also add salt but can be added at the end if you prefer
6. Bake for another 30-35 minutes till the potatoes are crispy on the outside with a soft inside. Use a paring knife to check the middle of the spuds.